In this opportunity, we are going to talk about a very specific topic: GMB customer support. We are going to cover it all, so you can know how to reach them and get the solutions for your problems.
Furthermore, we are also going to cover other related and important points. It is going to be an interesting read for you, because thanks to it, you will become more familiar with GMB, which is key for using it to grow your business online.
It is important to know about this, because you might run into problems with your GMB listing, and when that moment arrives, you need to be ready. Worry not, because here at SEO Heroes, we will let you know exactly what to do.
What Is Google My Business in SEO?
When it comes to local SEO, your GMB plays an important role, because it lets Google know that you are a real business, and therefore, it will allow you to have an easier time ranking and attracting more targeted organic traffic.
It is a logical deduction: if you want to rank in Google, then it needs to recognize you as an authentic business. Therefore, it is a crucial part in any local SEO campaign, and that is why it is essential to optimize it, in order to obtain better results.
Why Is It Important to Claim a Listing from Google?
It is important for the reasons mentioned below, because it allows Google to see that you are a real local business, and therefore, you will be able to rank in the local search algorithm.
It also brings you more trust, because people will see that you are a real business. They will see that you have a real physical location, and in addition, they will be able to check all the info about your company, as well as reviews.
GMB Phone Support: All about It
The quickest way to get your issues solved, phone support. Here you will discover everything about it, so you can get it done the right way. Highlights:
- It is only available from 10:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
- Dial +66 (0) 2 104 05 64 – Press 2 for English – Then Press again 2 to connect.
- Be patient, because it can take a while until you connect with an agent. Sometimes it can up as much as 20 minutes
- This customer support channel can help you with multiple things like updating your listing info, verifying your GMB listing, setting up a new account, ownership transfers and virtually any problem you might be facing regarding your listing.
- The agents are very helpful and professional, so you only need to explain your problem and they will do as much as possible to help you. Here you have some “ninja” tricks that you can exploit thanks to GMB phone support
- If you are facing problems with duplicate listings, only ask them if there are any and they will remove them immediately
- If you want to get a native-speaking agent (Google Singapore), then try to call between 12:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m. as your chances will be higher
- If you wish, you can let your agent know that you want to convert a Google+ page for a business into a GMB listing, and they will do it without problems
- Try to get help for all of your problems, because now you have this golden chance to solve it all!
On the other hand, if you prefer Google to call you, then you only need to follow these easy steps:
- Sign in into your GMB account
- Go to the help page
- Click the “Need More Help” option
- Choose the topic that better suits your request
- Explain your issue, use as much detail as possible
- Select “Request a Phone Call”
- Fill all the required dat
- Complete the necessary information and select “Call Me”
- That is all!
This pretty much covers everything regarding phone support. Now let’s check other channels as well as common questions, so you can get the answer for all of them!
Just before we do it, please be aware that you might receive fake calls claiming to be Google. Needless to say, you must cut the conversation instantly, but how to recognize an impersonator? Here are some points to take into account:
- They will never ask for a fee to help you (for example, setting up a listing, eliminating a duplicate, editing information, etc.)
- They will never sell you anything, be it search engine optimization services or anything related
- They will never ask for personal information concerning your account
- They will never ask for your password (HUGE WARNING!).
It is important to know this, so you can be ready in case you receive a fraudulent call, so you can quickly recognize it and hang up the phone.
Social media is powerful and surprisingly not, it plays a very important role in customer support, giving place for a new branch to appear, social customer care. Google is aware of it, and therefore, they make it possible for you to contact them through Twitter.
All you need to do is to log in into your Twitter account and follow @GoogleMyBiz. Then, you only need to send them a message or tweet your problem. Do not worry, because their Twitter team is very efficient and they work from 08:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m., during that time they are more than ready to help you.
However, there is a downside: they take from 24 to 48 hours to reply to your issue. That is a lot of time for most of us, and that is why we recommend you to use the phone support option. You will have to wait in line, sure, but it will be worth it, because your issue will be solved ASAP.
Google Support: The Strength of Community
There is another support you can get help from, and it is the Community Forums. Here you will not find Google employees but contributors, especially Top Contributors, who will be more than happy to help you.
You can get very fast answers to your problems and questions. This is the power of this community. Just make sure to explain everything properly and clearly, so they can bring you a solution as soon as possible, which truly goes to the root of the problem.
Now that you have a clear understanding on the different channels you can use, it is time to answer specific questions!
Why Did My GMB Listing Disappear?
There are multiple reasons that could have caused this problem:
- You are keyword-stuffing your business name
- You have not verified your listing
- You have more than one listing for your business
- You created a listing without a physical forefront.
However, you can always call Google My Business to get further help, so they can re-activate your listing and get everything back to normal. Just use the phone!
How Can You Change Details of Your Business Listing?
All you need to do:
- Google to GMB
- Go to your dashboard page
- Click the “Edit” button
- Edit everything you need, for example, the business hours.
If you experience problems doing this, then all you need to do is to contact Google support. They will happily sort it out for you. This is especially the case if you have tried to edit it multiple times without results, which tends to happen every now and then. Just a call and your problems will be gone.
How Does a Company Claim an Owner-verified Listing in Google Places?
All you need to do is to follow these steps:
- Write business.google.com/create in the search bar and hit enter
- Type the business name
- Search for the business name
- Select the business (double-check that it is the correct choice)
- You will be notified that someone else already owns that listing
- Click on “Request Access”
Now, once it has been submitted, there are three possible scenarios:
- If your request gets accepted, then you will be notified and you will have direct access to the GMB, so you can edit it as you please
- If your request gets denied, you will be notified, and even then, you can suggest edits, even though, there is no guarantee that they will enter in effect
- If your request does not receive a reply after 7 days, then you will have the option to claim the listing yourself.
If you have any problem during the process, feel free to contact Google, so they can assist you with the owner conflict.
How Can You Remove a Duplicate Listing in Google Places If The Address Was Wrong?
As we explained above, the most effective way to get rid of duplicate listings is to call GMB phone support directly, ask if there are any duplicates, and if they exist, then they will take care of the rest. In case your address was wrong, then make sure to mention it, so they can assist you further.
As simple and practical as that, it cannot get any easier!
Is There a Way to Get Phone Verification When Creating a Google Places Listing?
There is no guarantee for a phone verification, because Google will ultimately decide if they can dish it out or if they send a postcard, especially in niche with lots of spam problems.
However, there is a trick you can try to trigger this option. Claim listings in top-tier directories like Yellow Pages and industry-specific ones, so you can build authority and be seen as a “decent and authentic” business. You will have higher chances of getting a phone verification instead of the traditional postcard.
It all comes down to being legit and being perceived as such by Google. Play by the rules of the game and you will have better luck.
This is all we had to share with you today. We hope that you enjoyed this read and found it useful, because Google My Business is a very vast and important topic, and this article was written with that mission in mind, to let you know everything about the customer support department.