SEO Best Practices
Sites that aren’t on the first page of search results can almost be classified as invisible because most search engine users don’t go beyond the first page.
By sticking to the SEO best practices we have listed for you in this article, you will be laying the perfect groundwork for your site to increase your online visibility.
Table of Contents
1. Use HTTPs
2. Be Sure Your Pages Load Fast
3. Use a Brief and Descriptive URL
4. Target a Topic with Traffic Potential
5. Write a Compelling Meta Description and Title Tag
6. Write Thorough Content
7. Add Internal Links From Other Relevant Sites
HTTPS enables your site’s pages to be more secured by encrypting contents and information between the server and visitor. This has been a Google ranking factor for years. You can quickly tell if your site is in HTTPS by checking the loading bar in your browser. If you can find the lock icon before the URL, then your site is secured. But if not, you have to install an SSL certificate.
Several web hosts offer an SSL certificate in their packages. However, if your web host doesn’t, you can quickly get one for free from letsencrypt.org.
Luckily, you only have to switch to HTTPS once. As soon as you have it installed, all the pages in your site would be automatically secured, including any other one you post in the future.
Be Sure Your Pages Load Fast
No user wants to stay on sites that delay even for a few seconds to load. A slow page also makes it difficult for search engine crawlers to index your site, resulting in lower rankings.
Both for desktop and mobile, your site’s pages have to fast and easy to navigate to rank higher and keep visitors on your site. Responsive Webdesign is always vital.
There are several factors that determine your page speed, such as your site’s code, images, and server location.
With Google’s Pagespeed Insights tool, you can know how your page performs. All you have to do is plug in your URL, and you’ll see a score that ranges from 0-100, which is followed by improvement advice. The only significant drawback with Pagespeed Insights is that you can only test one page at once.
To handle some of these might seem overwhelming, so you can always hire an SEO professional to fix them.
Here are some fundamental insights for a responsive Webdesign to get the best SEOs in Thailand:
- Compress images: Images are usually big, which makes them take time when loading. Compressing any pictures you want to upload will reduce the file size, thereby making them load faster. However, you would need to balance quality and size, so you don’t want to over-compress the images.
- Use a CDN: Some sites are based on one server in one location. Therefore, for visitors far away, data has to travel a long distance before it is displayed in their browser. CDNs solve this issue by copying vital contents like images to a network of servers around the world so that these contents are always ready to load locally.
- Use lazy-loading: Lazy-loading postpones the loading of the off-screen contents until you request for them. This implies that the browser isn’t required to load all your page images before it’s usable.
Use a Brief and Descriptive URL
Google advises website owners to avoid using lengthy URLs, as they are likely to scare users away.
Target a Topic with Traffic Potential
Keyword research is a vital component for SEO. There’s no point putting effort, time, and money into trying to rank high for things people aren’t looking for.
For instance, you sell AirPods. It would be irrational to target an SEO keyword like
“how can I fix my spin bike?”
Write a Compelling Meta Description and Title Tag
The best SEO strategy isn’t all about improving rankings, but also attracting clicks. For this reason, you need to write an enticing title tag and Meta description because they will both show up in search results. Your title tag and meta description are essentially your sales pitch.
If both of them fail to stand out from other competition sites, searchers will most likely go for another result. Aside from including your target keyword, how can you perk up CTR?
The first move is to maintain a title tag of 60 characters or below, and your descriptions below 150 characters. With this, you can avoid truncation.
Next, use title case for titles and sentence case for meta descriptions.
Furthermore, you should align your title and description with the right search intent. For example, most search results for “best spin bikes” specify the year in their titles and meta descriptions. This is so because most people want up-to-date recommendations, as new spin bikes are released all the time.
Write Thorough Content
The average top-ranking pages rank in the top 10 for almost 1,000 keywords.
How can you rank for more queries? Straight answer: provide excellent content.
However, you should be aware that a thorough content isn’t about length, but answering a query in relevant topics that people are searching for.
Here are effective ways to find subtopics:
- Search for relevant keywords on the top ranking Search Engine Result Pages (SERPs)
- Check for “people also ask” results.
- Do a content gap analysis.
The quest to get your site up in the top ranking (top 10) list basically depends on your site’s contents, structure and external links. Search engine bots are looking for the factors mentioned in this article to analyze sites and decide who deserves the spot #1.