Positioning campaigns in search engines
Positioning Campaign is a paid positioning in search engines. The primary aim of subscribing to a positioning campaign is to generate quality traffic to a site by attracting new visitors. This is typically a function of SEO services, and for a better understanding of how positioning campaigns work, we need first to answer the question “what is SEO?”
Table of Contents
1. What is SEO?
2. What is SEO’s Importance?
3. SEM Positioning Through SEO Services
4. Positioning Campaign Operation
5. Why Should I Hire an SEO agency or expert?
6. What Results to Expect from a Positioning Campaign in Google?
What is SEO?
SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimization. It’s the process of increasing both the quantity and quality of website traffic and also helps to expose your business or brand via “organic” (also known as non-paid) search engine results.
SEO is about understanding what people are looking for online, the answers they are searching for, the keywords they are using, and the type of content they wish to get. Answering these questions correctly will enable you to connect with people searching for solutions you or your brand offer.
Understanding your target audience’s intent is only one side of the coin; tactically delivering it in a method that search engine bots can discover and them is the other side.
SEO services, which include positioning campaigns, are a perfect way to satisfy both sides of the SEO coin.
What is SEO’s Importance?
Although social media, paid adverts, and other online platforms help generate traffic to sites, search engines direct most online traffic.
Organic search results cover more digital space, considered more credible to most searchers, and get higher clicks than paid advertisements. For instance, a study shows that only 2.8% of all US searchers click on paid ads.
Also, SEO is one of the only online marketing channels that, when set-up properly, it can continually pay a dividend over time. If you provide quality content that high-rank worthy with the right keywords, your site’s traffic can skyrocket quickly, while advertising requires some level of funding to direct traffic to your site.
Subscribing to a positioning campaign will enable you to deliver your brand or business information to search engines to be swiftly indexed and displayed in the SERPs (Search Engine Result Pages).
SEM Positioning Through SEO Services
To understand why your brand needs a positioning campaign, it is necessary to know why your brand needs to be well-positioned at the web level.
Today, in the digital world we live in, those with more chances of getting site visits are those who appear on the first result page on Google.
Keywords play a fundamental role in positioning, and businesses have to compete for particular keywords to position themselves online strategically.
How can your brand achieve the best position? Here are two options:
- Organic SEO services: In this option, an SEO strategy will be developed to enter the Google game. Their algorithm has been understood to make your content suitable by creating top-notch content, gaining quality backlinks, creating a powerful site structure, etc…
- Paid SEM: If you want to appear in the first pages of SERPs quick, you’ll have to develop an SEM tactic taking note of the best keywords for positioning relative to the target audience’s needs.
SEM positioning is an advertising strategy in which search engines advertise websites, and we only pay when someone clicks on our sponsored link. Thus, the term: pay per click (PPC).
Positioning Campaign Operation
An excellent platform to manage your positioning campaign strategy within Google is Google Ads. With this tool, you can create campaigns that enable you to position your brand in the top search results withing 24 hours.
When you use the Google search engine, you can easily differentiate between the paid results and others by the term “ad,” which appears below the title. Search engines, like Google, put sponsored links on the first position when you purchase keywords.
However, you must have analyzed the keywords that you’d like users to find, using tools like SEMRush, Ahrefs, Google Keyword Planner, or Ubersuggest.
Once you start running an Google Ad Campaign, you will enter into a bidding system in which you will decide what you are willing to pay for each user-click on your URL link. Also, Google determines which links to sponsor based on two concepts:
- The site’s relevance to the user: Even though you pay to be displayed in top positions, Google will always take users’ experience and satisfaction into account first. Google sort and provide content based on the user’s searches. Therefore, the search engine displays the content they deem most relevant first. As long as your content is relevant, Google will help you direct more traffic to your site.
- The payment: This is the payment that advertising companies have made to get keywords. The cost per click is the value that we within Google ads to note how much we pay per click.
Why Should I Hire an SEO agency or expert?
Depending on your willingness to learn, bandwidth, and your site’s complexity, you could practice some fundamental SEO yourself. However, you might realize that you need the help of an SEO agency or expert.
Nonetheless, if you decide to get a professional, it’s vital to know that several consultants and agencies provide services in a “variety” of ways and going for an experienced digital agency or expert can save you a lot of money and time.
What Results to Expect from a Positioning Campaign in Google?
A positioning campaign will significantly increase the level of targeted traffic arriving at your site after they enter a search query in Google.
There are always many people searching for what you’re offering at every single hour of the day. They have a higher probability of becoming customers when they can find exactly what they are looking for on your site. For that sole reason, positioning campaign is the least expensive strategy to increase revenue on the internet in the long run.